Saturday, July 15, 2017

What Am I?

What am I?

I am not my anxiety;
it does not define me

I am not my TODO list,
or the tasks I accomplish each week

I am not defined by what I do or feel!

I am not my fears or failures
I am not my dreams, my growth, my pleasure, nor my pain

I learn, I grow, I rise, I fall
I'm something else
Something more?

What am I?
Everything?
Nothing?
Instrument?
Insignificant?

I am a collection of particles
My feet on the Earth, 
my particles mingle with all other particles
I am connected
No "I", no "me", no "my"

Observe and learn to accept; 
don't get too involved
My doing is only for myself, no one or nothing else.

Breath calmly, try to make peace

What am I?
That is the question.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Poet side coming out. Thanks for sharing this. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete