Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flowery Glory: The Trailer

Diligent readers of this blog will have noticed that I've been conspicuously silent about my trip to the Valley of Flowers earlier this month. Well, the reason is that I was walking the inspired path between Govindghat to Ghangaria, on my way to some of the most beautiful open land I have ever seen, when I had a vision. It dawned on me that this story had to be told in a blockbuster fashion. I conceived of doing a series of blog posts about the trip, and I needed time to prepare. Now, finally, we are ready to begin: Friends, we all know what a movie trailer is. But what about a trailer for a blog post? Absurd. Preposterous. Unheard of. Until now. For the first time in the history of the blogosphere, I present to you the trailer for "Flowery Glory", a post I will write sometime in the near future about my trip to the Valley of Flowers. We are all witnesses.

Flowery Glory Trailer from Neil Patel on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. samir eats so much raptor!! by the way valley of flowers is amazing went in high school and cant believe you were there!

    amit

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok neil i think i almost peed in my pants again.. my favorite part would definitely have to be: juts and juts on donkeys..haaaaaa.. and an ass on an ass was hysterical.. by the way your days of a reporter remind me of when i used to put the microphone in people's faces.. haaaaaaa.. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couple of thoughts:

    a) Props to Samir Bhai for riskin' it all to take a dip under a freezing waterfall!

    b) Loved the background music bro -- especially the song on Samir's intro! hahahahhahahaha!

    c) Keep the updates flowing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats an awesome video! Love the music choice and the commentary/subtitle parts! You kinda look like Tiger with the blue nike hat and blue nike jersey! Should make this into an infomercial! Hahah! Looks like an amazing place! Wish I was there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ass on Ass! Loved it! Keep up the great work! Love, Babu, Renu and Kavi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. Valley of Flowers is just too stunning...! goes on my list of places to visit :)

    ReplyDelete